Since my last blog post we have had so many things happen. This is what took place:
1. We’ve officially applied to a local high school that is our first choice for a meeting location. Wake County handles school rentals vs. the schools themselves handling it in-house. Because of this, we’ve had to get a number of things in order before submitting our application. I was also able to do a tour with the vice principal to see the location and strategize what space(s) we’d need to rent.
Here are a couple pictures of the auditorium:
I was happy to know that the walls in the back open up to provide additional seating. I believe a time will come when it will be needed.
2. We have our new church logo! A CEO would never start a business without branding yet we didn’t start with a brand! Now we can begin using our logo on everything – our website design, t-shirts, water bottles, business cards, etc.
3. Our website is in the design process! Stay tuned for our website going live (www.edgechurch.org)
4. We had our 4th team meeting! There were five people there who hadn’t been before. The group dynamic is changing which is a good “problem” to have!
5. We scheduled a huge neighborhood/Knightdale party on October 11th. As of this writing we have 20 families who have RSVPd that they’re coming. Our original goal was to have 40 people here but now we’re aiming to have 100 people attend. This is a great chance for us to meet tons of people, build relationships and share our heart for the city of Raleigh!
6. We’re taking a vacation! Friends of ours were kind enough to loan us their beach house. We’re excited about getting the chance to unwind during this crazy season of life.
Stay tuned for more great updates! (You can now easily subscribe via email to our blog by scrolling to the top of the page and entering your email address in the box on the right.)